After a bit of a hiatus, the review of Bob Backlund’s 2015 autobiography finally resumes!
At a lot of the hotels and motels where we stayed, Andre had a great deal of trouble getting a comfortable night’s sleep or even taking a hot shower in the little tub/shower combos that those places had—so he preferred to just stay up most of the night drinking.
I will never get tired of Andre the Giant drinking stories and it is one of those things where I don’t care if they are 100% accurate. Legends and myths are often more entertaining than the truth and it’s not like something to do with Andre would break open a Watergate. Though the mother of a friend of mine had met Andre in the 1970s, and that story turned out to not be much of anything. Oh well. Continue reading Highlights from Bob Backlund’s Book: Part 4 (Bruno and Mascaras)
Take a trip back to the mini-Attitude Era with a look at WWF Superstars from April 13, 1991.
– The trouble with Kerry Von Erich beyond his horrible theme music
– Jake the Snake Roberts as babyface bully
– Explaining (and defending!) the Berzerker gimmick with a look at the etymology and Icelandic literature(?!?)
– The great Sean Mooney hosts an Event Center….with no specific event to plug
– The trials and tribulations of Barry O
– Bret Hart’s singles push begins, for real this time I swear!
– The Nasty Boys: are they this podcast’s “house band”?
– A comprehensive second by second breakdown of the Ultimate Warrior being locked in a coffin and the “attempts” to get him out. Plus, useful information on how YOU can best survive if you find yourself in a similar spot
– Tugboat as the great palate cleanser
– How many late tax filers are there during tax season and why is IRS so concerned about them?
Plus: the return of YouTube comment theater, and an extended jag about the awesome WWF on NESN theme music