New episode of Greetings From Allentown out today, the 30th show! This covers TNT (formerly Tuesday Night Titans) from the World Wrestling Federation. Terry Funk starts a bar fight with Tony Garea, Mr. Wonderful meets Phil Collins, Jim Neidhart predicts Internet wrestling culture, and much more! Check out the full back catalog on Soundcloud.
Take a trip back to the mini-Attitude Era with a look at WWF Superstars from April 13, 1991.
– The trouble with Kerry Von Erich beyond his horrible theme music
– Jake the Snake Roberts as babyface bully
– Explaining (and defending!) the Berzerker gimmick with a look at the etymology and Icelandic literature(?!?)
– The great Sean Mooney hosts an Event Center….with no specific event to plug
– The trials and tribulations of Barry O
– Bret Hart’s singles push begins, for real this time I swear!
– The Nasty Boys: are they this podcast’s “house band”?
– A comprehensive second by second breakdown of the Ultimate Warrior being locked in a coffin and the “attempts” to get him out. Plus, useful information on how YOU can best survive if you find yourself in a similar spot
– Tugboat as the great palate cleanser
– How many late tax filers are there during tax season and why is IRS so concerned about them?
Plus: the return of YouTube comment theater, and an extended jag about the awesome WWF on NESN theme music
Episode 8 of Greetings From Allentown is now out! Included:
- Recaps of WrestleMania 4: Randy Savage’s journey and Demolition climbs the mountain
- The weirdness of Rick Rude and why he never had a feud with Hulk Hogan
- Bam Bam Bigelow’s excuse for his 1988 run being cut short
- Andre the Giant tries to laugh off Hacksaw Jim Duggan before trying to choke him to death
Episode 7 of the Greetings From Allentown Wrestling podcast is here! This week it is a look at the Sept. 25, 1982 episode of WWF Championship Wrestling:
– Information on the sale/transfer of the WWF from Vince Sr. to Vince Jr., which was ongoing at the time of this show
– Bob Backlund trying and failing to properly express anguish at his belt being destroyed and coming off like proto-Nancy Kerrigan
– Pete Sanchez: Where is he now, and what is he doing?
– Mr. Saito: complete and total badass
– Andre the Giant on the TV show The Greatest American Hero.
Plus a new segment: YouTube Comment Theater!
Late on the update here, but there are three new episodes of Greetings from Allentown posted since the last post.
Episode 4: WWF Superstars of Wrestling, February 7, 1987, Andre and Hogan in Piper’s Pit, the Harts win the tag titles, and Outback Jack debuts.
Episode 5: WWF Wrestling Challenge, January 12, 1992, Rockers in the Barber Shop, Jake Roberts, Undertaker, Roddy Piper.
Episode 6: NWA Power Hour, August 18, 1989, Sting, Luger, Flair, Terry Funk hosting Funk’s Grill.
Today’s episode of Greetings From Allentown takes a look at World Championship Wrestling from August 10, 1991. Support your WCW Special Forces and give it a listen!
New podcast! Today it is a look at WWF Championship Wrestling from January 14, 1984. Bob Backlund teams up with Hulk Hogan to face Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee. Dr. D David Schultz is in Victory Corner.
Subscribe via the RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:237090521/sounds.rss
I am pleased to announce the first episode of a new podcast looking at old episodes of classic wrestling TV! The first show looks at the Sept. 27, 1986 episode of WWF Superstars of Wrestling.
On this show:
– A look at why Harley Race needed something to freshen him up for the WWF audience at that stage of his career.
– The short-lived return of Superstar Billy Graham and Vince McMahon turning into Ed McMahon in excitement over it.
– The great Piper’s Pit vs The Flower Shop battle
– A look at Kamala’s career in the WWF.
– The debut of the Natural Butch Reed.